Monday, May 16, 2016

Welcome! Here's how it began...



Hi!



I’m Dina & Welcome to My Blog!



My husband Dave & I just purchased our first RV so I thought it was time to start documenting our amazing journey.
 

A little background…

Dave & I met in 2006. Together we fell in love with the outdoors and began hiking in the Wissahickon with friends.




Soon after, we went on our first camping trip to the New Jersey Pine Barrens. This was my first time at a campground sleeping in a tent under the stars. I was hooked. Of course I must shout out to our friends Chris & Paula who joined us & were much more familiar with camping than us newbies. I don’t think we could’ve had the feasts we did without Paula’s clams, steaks, corn on the grill, & a complete eggs & bacon breakfast each day! Being with seasoned campers definitely helped ease us into it.



Our next trip was to the Adirondacks in upstate New York. Another fabulous trip! We rented a speedboat for a day.




Finally, we took our last trip before we wed to Acadia National Park in Bar Harbor, Maine. The hiking was beautiful there! If it wasn’t so cold in the winter, I could live there. The town of Bar Harbor was delightful as well.







2 comments:

  1. As a fellow blogger and your former high school mate, I thought I would seize the day and post a comment. Your blog looks great - Congratulations! What I find suspicious, however, is that you look exactly the same today (or whenever you took these photos) as you did in 1987. So my question is, Are you the same Dina Salzer who went to Methacton HS? Or are you some imposter capitalizing on her name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jason!! So happy to hear from you!
      Those photos were taken in 2006/7. (I have another couple of entries I have yet to post that have more current photos in which I look much more like my mom.)
      THANK YOU for following my blog!!
      I'm so ridiculously excited about our new chapter. It still doesn't feel real. My whole world is about to open up and I can't wait to drink it in.
      What's your blog about? I'd love to check it out.
      Please keep in touch & it was wonderful hearing from you!
      I'll look for you at our next reunion.
      PS - Thanks for being on the lookout for Dina imposters! Can't really blame anyone who wants to be me though...Life's Good! :)

      Delete